Client: Johannesburg Water
Project: PJohannesburg PRV Maintenance and Zone Sectorising
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
2 years (2013-2015)
The project involved the following tasks:
- Assessment of 764 hydraulic control valves andservicing of 542 of those in the Johannesburg Water system.
- Logging of Pressures and Flows in each PRV zonebefore and after the servicing of PRVs.
- Confirming the zones discreteness for 267 PRV zones.
- Installation of pressure controllers at selected PRVs
- Preparation of an Operation and Maintenance Manual for each PRV zone.
- A web-based database was prepared for the project to manage and store all the information used onthe project.