As part of its comprehensive approach, it is Miya's mission to propagate knowledge to water utility managers and practitioners in order to establish local capabilities.
Miya's professional team provides comprehensive training for water utilities in all aspects and areas of water efficiency management.
A training program is designed to address the needs of the client, with the following goals:
- Create a high level of awareness and professionalism towards water efficiency.
- Train a sufficient number of personnel to support the specific project on a long-term basis.
- Ensure the continuation of best practice Water Loss Management once Miya's service term comes to an end.
The initial setup phase in a training program involves:
- Detailed planning of time table, courses and target audience according to the needs of the local project
- Preparation and adaptation of training materials
- Confirmation and approval of trainers
- Meetings between trainers and local staff
- Preparation and development of training facility, including technical equipment
Some of our typical training modules are:
- Introduction to NRW
- Importance of Water Demand Management
- NRW Assessment
- Development of NRW strategy
- The Water Balance
- Advanced Pressure Management
- Economics of Leakage & Active Leakage Control
- Pressure Leakage Relationships and the Analysis of Minimum Night Flows
- DMAs - Concept and Practice
- Apparent Losses
- Meter Auditing and Meter Sizing
- Data Logging (Pressure and Flow)
- Basic Leak Detection
- Advanced Leak Detection
- Step Testing
- Public Participation and Water Demand Management
- Field Maintenance and Operations
- Operation and Maintenance of Control Valves
- NRW Management Software